The Bar will be meeting at Sadie’s Inn at 5:30 on July 28. We will be discussing the following topics:
- Voting for an ABA delegate (the ABA meeting is the beginning of August). If you would like to nominate somebody, please do so at the meeting.
- Resolution in support of American Samoa’s inclusion in the ABA
- The Bar Christmas party – should we have it in Apia?
- Topics for a lunch with Judge Ward
- Making public the Samoan Pacific Bar Journal
The Amerika Samoa Multi-Disciplinary Team Against Family Violence (MDT) will be holding a conference on child maltreatment and human trafficking. They will cover important legal issues discussed by a number of off-island speakers. The conference will be held from August 8-10 at ASCC. If you would like to sign up, please get a registration form from Mitzie Folau.
The ASBA will be hosting a social hour with the participants of the MDT conference at Maliu Mai the evening of August 9 from 5-7pm. This will be an excellent chance to meet and speak with the conference attendees.
Please be reminded that the deadline for submitting the materials for the Bar Scholarship is August 1. Please ensure that all required materials are sent to Jennifer Joneson before that date. Members, please remind anyone you know that is planning on applying to meet the deadline.
For more information, please read the official announcement.
AG Jobs (pdf)
Sadly, ASBA Secretary Kelly Smith has left the island to pursue a new career. At last night’s meeting, Blake Hanley was chosen to be the new ASBA secretary. Blake will be an excellent addition to the executive committee, and the ASBA is proud to have him on board.