The Department of Health shall develop rules necessary to:
(1) ensure complete reporting by hospitals, laboratories, physicians and other health care practitioners diagnosing, or providing treatment for cancer patients;
(2) ensure access to all records that would identify cases of cancer or establish characteristics of the cancer, treatment of the cancer, or medical status of the individual patient;
(3) protect the confidentiality of all cancer data reported to the registry;
(4) establish the format, quality requirements, completeness, and timeliness of required data;
(5) and protect individuals complying with the law including provisions specifying that no person shall be held liable in any civil action with respect to a cancer case report provided to the cancer registry."History: 1998, PL 25-22.