(a) The director shall adopt regulations, policies or procedures addressing and governing the response, notification and explanation to the public, coordination, identification, enforcement and termination of a declaration of a public health emergency and all acts or actions needed to appropriately and adequately respond to an event or occurrence of a public health emergency.
(b) These regulations, policies and procedures shall take into account and provide for the following:
(1) Needs for the protection of the public’s health during a public health emergency.
(2) Needs, if any, for protecting, treating or quarantining personnel or other persons exposed to biological pathogens or agents, including work associated with a response to an event or occurrence of a public health emergency.
(3) Needs for securing laboratories or other facilities to be used in a response to an event or occurrence of a public health emergency.
(4) Needs for tracking of inoculations or other treatments administered to individuals in the Territory during a public health emergency.
(5) Needs to provide training programs for the department, ASG agencies, public and private sector partners and volunteers for response to a public health emergency.
(c) The director may amend or revise such regulations from time to time. All regulations adopted and any and all amendments or revisions to the regulations shall be made in accordance with 4.1001 et seq., A.S.C.A.History: 2007, PL 30-11.