(a) Except as provided in section 30.0197, as soon as the proposed corporate action is taken, or upon receipt of a payment demand, the corporation shall pay each dissenter who complied with section 30.0193 the amount the corporation estimates to be the fair value of his shares, plus accrued interest.
(b) The payment must be accompanied by:
(1) the corporation’s balance sheet as of the end of a fiscal year ending not more than 16 months before the date of payment, an income statement for that year, a statement of changes in shareholders’ equity for that year, and the latest available interim financial statement, if any;
(2) a statement of the corporation’s estimate of the fair value of the shares;
(3) an explanation of how the interest was calculated;
(4) a statement of the dissenter’s right to demand payment under section 30.0198; and
(5) a copy of this chapter.History: 2000, PL 26-23.