(a) It is unlawful to consume beer or an alcoholic beverage, or to be in possession of an unsealed container containing beer or an alcoholic beverage, in any of the following places in American Samoa:
(1) public roads;
(2) moving vehicles;
(3) on or within fifty (50) feet of the business premises holding a store license, other than establishments holding an alcoholic beverage, club or beer tavern license;
(4) any public place in any village in American Samoa which has by village regulation prohibited the consumption of beer or alcoholic beverages or the possession of unsealed containers containing beer or alcoholic beverages;
(5) in or around public school buildings or upon school grounds, which shall include school parking lots;
(6) public bus stops and shelter areas;
(7) public sidewalks adjacent to public highways.
(b) A person under the age of twenty-one (21) years may not possess or consume beer or any other alcoholic beverage.
(c) A violation of this section shall be punishable as a class B misdemeanor.
(d) The Department of Public Safety, in conjunction with the Attorney General’s Office shall adopt a pro-arrest, pro-prosecution policy for persons who violate this section, and shall cooperate with the Alcohol Beverage Control Board to enforce and prosecute violations of all other provisions of this chapter.History: 1963, PL 8-7, 1968, PL 10-43, 2008, PL 30-16.