Whenever a public water supply system:
(1) is not in compliance with the primary drinking water rules;
(2) fails to perform monitoring required by rules adopted by the Director;
(3) is subject to a variance granted for an inability to meet a maximum contaminant level requirement;
(4) is subject to an exemption: or
(5) fails to comply with the requirements prescribed by a variance or exemption; the operator of the system shall, as soon as practicable, and at least every 3 months while the condition continues, notify the Director, the administrator, and communications media serving the area served by the system of that fact and the extent and nature and possible health effects of that fact. The Director may adopt by rule notice requirements for the public.History: 1979, PL 16-13 § 1.