(a) Compressed gases shall be classified and identified as hazardous materials and shall be transported in compliance with the requirements of USDOT regulations set forth in 49 CFR parts 170-179, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
(b) Pesticides. Unused pesticides, discarded pesticides and pesticide residues shall be included in the classification of hazardous materials and shall be transported in compliance with the transportation requirements of section 24.0813.
(c) Transport of regulated medical waste (RMW) shall be carried out as follows:
(1) Filled bags of RMW shall not be transported loose. They shall be stored in rigid puncture-resistant, leak proof containers that will not tip over during transport. Transport containers may be reusable and shall be kept clean through the use of a hospital grade detergent-disinfectant that acts as a mycobacteriacide.
(2) Vehicles used for transporting RMW shall be readily cleanable.
(3) All vehicles used for transporting RMW shall be cleaned weekly or more frequently as needed, using a hospital grade detergent-disinfectant. The detergent-disinfectant shall be used in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If a spill occurs, the vehicle shall be cleaned immediately. All vehicles used for transporting RMW shall be cleaned before being used for any other purpose.
(4) All vehicles used for transporting RMW shall carry a kit for spill containment and cleanup that is appropriate for responding to a spill or release of RMW.
(d) Transport of PCB’s and PCB items. In addition to the pre-transport requirements for hazardous waste items set forth in section 24.0824, the following requirements shall apply to PCB’s:
(1) For each PCB article that is not in a PCB container or in a PCB-article container, the serial number, or other identification if there is no serial number, the date of removal from service for disposal, and the weight in kilograms of the PCB waste in each PCB article shall be marked in accordance with the requirements of section 24.0817(d)(4).
(2) All transport vehicles used for transport of PCB’s or PCB items shall be marked in accordance with the requirements of section 24.0813.History: Rule 02-01, eff 30 Aug 01.