(a) Content of Compliance Certificates
(1) A compliance certificates includes one decal as described in (2) of this section, one file copy of the decal as described in (3) of this section, and one tag for each tank storing petroleum as described in (4) of this section.
(2) A decal shall have an adhesive-backing and shall be 5 inches wide by 8 inches long containing:
(A) a graphic comprised of the ASEPA logo;
(B) the words, “Underground Storage Tank Facility Compliance Certificates;”
(C) the statement, “This compliance certificate is issued pursuant to Chapter 7, Section 24.0713(f), American Samoa Annotated Code;”
(D) a certificate number affixed mechanically at the time of production;
(3) A file copy hall be paper, 8 ½ inches wide by 11inches long, and shall contain:
(A) in the upper right corner, a certificate number affixed at the time of production;
(B) an unnumbered, black and white facsimile of the compliance certificate;
(C) instructions to the implementing agency to enter the name of the owner, and facility; village, mailing address, facility identification number; name of issuing agency; and date of issue.
(4) A tag made of plastic. It shall bear a facsimile of an unnumbered decal on both Sides and contains the words, “UST COMPLIES WITH ASAC, CHAPTER 7.”
(b) Issuing Compliance Certificates
(1) The implementing agency shall provide decals, file copies, tags, and nylon straps for issuance to underground storage tank facilities.
(2) The implementing agency shall issue one decal to the owner or operator of each underground storage tanks meeting the requirements of 24.0710 and 24.0711.
(3) The implementing agency shall issue one matching file copy of the decal to the owner or operator.
(4) The implementing agency shall issue one tag for each petroleum underground storage tank meeting the requirements of 24.0710 and 24.0711, to the owner or operator.
(5) The implementing agency shall issue one locking nylon strap, for each tag issued.
(c) Displaying Compliance Certificates
(1) A decal shall be displayed at the facility in a location visible to the person delivering petroleum to an underground storage tank.
(2) A tag shall be displayed on the fill pipe of each underground storage tank. It shall be attached a nylon strap described in (a)(4) of this section.
(d) Replacing Compliance Certificates
(1) A facility owner or operator may request replacement of a lost, stolen, or destroyed decal, file copy, tag, or strap from the implementing agency. The request must be in in writing, signed under penalty of perjury by the requester, and include the reason for the request and any additional information as required by the implementing agency.
(2) The implementing agency may replace a decal, file copy, tag, or nylon strap to the facility owner or operator upon receipt of a written request. No replacements shall be issued if the implementing agency determines that the request is not due to loss, theft, or destruction of the originals.
(e) Lists of Underground Storage Tank Facilities
(1) The implementing agency shall maintain lists of underground storage tank facilities that have been issued a compliance certificate. The lists shall include, but not to be limited to the name and physical address of the facility, the compliance certificate number, and the name of the owner.
(2) The implementing agency shall provide copies of lists to any person upon request.
(1) No person shall alter a compliance certificate decal.
(2) Unless authorized by the implementing agency, no person shall alter a compliance certificate file copy. The implementing agency may amend the file copy to reflect changes in the operating permit.
(3) No person shall deliver petroleum to an underground storage tank without verification that the underground storage tank meets the requirements of Section 24.0710 or 24.0711. Verification may include one of the following:
(A) viewing a compliance certificate decal displayed at the facility and viewing a fill pipe tag attached to the tank receiving petroleum;
(B) obtaining written verification or lists from the implementing agency confirming that the facility has received a compliance certificate decal and viewing a fill pipe tag attached to the tank receiving petroleum;
(C) obtaining a compliance certificate file copy and viewing a fill pipe tag attached to the tank receiving petroleumHistory: Rule 3-01, eff 30 Aug 01.