(a) The following public holidays are designated by statute and are paid holidays for government employees:
(1) New Year's Day, 1 Jan;
(2) Washington's Birthday, 3rd Monday in February;
(3) Good Friday, Friday before Easter;
(4) Flag Day, 17 Apr;
(5) Memorial Day, Last Monday in May;
(6) Independence Day, 4 Jul;
(7) Labor Day, 1st Monday in September;
(8) Columbus Day, 2nd Monday in October;
(9) Veteran's Day, 4th Monday in October;
(10) Thanksgiving Day, 4th Thursday in November;
(11) Christmas Day, 25 Dec.
(b) Other holidays may be established by Governor's proclamation.History: Rule 10-81, eff 29 Jul 81, § 5.3.