Other cost containment measures are:
(1) department, office and other agency heads maintaining inventories are directed to reduce inventories to and maintain them at realistic levels as jointly determined by the respective agency head, director of program planning and budget development, and director of administrative services;
(2) department, office and other agency heads are directed to identify and sell or otherwise legally dispose of surplus or excess property;
(3) travel is restricted to essential purposes, and must be approved by the director of program planning and budget development and director of administrative services, subject to final appeal to the Governor or his designee;
(4) department, office and other agency heads are directed to postpone the purchase of nonessential equipment and supplies until the third quarter of fiscal year 1984 unless sooner authorized by the Governor;
(5) The CIP and procurement review committee is directed to evaluate all current capital improvement projects and, no later than November 30, 1983 and at such other times as the Governor may direct, report and recommend to the Governor for final decision on projects to be continued, activated, cancelled, or reprogrammed.History: Rule 20-83, eff 26 Dec 83, § 6.