(a) The director may:
(1) enter into agreements with the federal government, other territorial departments and agencies, and the counties;
(2) enter into assistance agreements with private persons, groups, institutions, or corporations;
(3) purchase services required or appropriate under this chapter from any private persons, groups, institutions, or corporations;
(4) allocate and expend any resources available for the purposes of this chapter; and
(5) do all things necessary to accomplish the purposes and provisions of this chapter.
(b) To the extent the director deems it appropriate, the director may require a recipient of any territorial funds under this chapter to contribute moneys, facilities, or services for carrying out the program or project.
(c) The director shall establish standards and review procedures to assure that private persons, groups, institutions, or corporations provide the services and facilities necessary to accomplish the purposes for which the funds are disbursed.History: 1991, PL 22-17.